Transfer from Ivalo airport. You will get the adventure gear and you will get answers to the latest questions.
Snowmobile day. We start our week by unforgettable snowmobile safari in the impressive fell area next to Urho Kekkonen’s national park. Introduction to snowmobiles, driving and safety. We go for a snowmobile safari and will be surrounded by beautiful scenery from the nature. This trip is a brilliant opportunity to take nature pictures of the breath taking views. On our way we enjoy our light lunch by open fire.
Snowshoe trip for ice fishing. Another day in the nature. Today you may experience the snowy wilderness and the absolute silence. We make ice holes by a special ice drill and fish trough these holes. Nice place to admire the beauty of Lapland. Light lunch by open fire. Easy trip suitable for all people.
Northern Lights evening trip by car and on foot. This is the best trip to admire this fantastic natural show and experience the lights. The visibility depends on the conditions. Good luck!
Today you can rest or go alpine skiing by your own. You can also book one of our options:
1) Trip to the Ice Sea in Norway. Today we make a car tour to the Ice Sea, Norway. During the day we see breath taking sceneries and go fishing King Crabs at the Ice Sea. We also visit the SnowHotel in Kirkenas when open (20.12.-20.4.) Duration 10 h. Price 590 euros / person.
2) Trip to the Arctic Circle and Santa Claus village. On this tour we drive across Lapland and meet Santa Claus himself in Santa village. Visit also SnowMan World, Snowmobile Museum and other interesting sights. Lunch in Three Elves restaurant. Shopping souvenirs and handicrafts, sending cards. Santa village is the biggest attraction in Lapland. Duration 10 h. Price 390 euros / person.
3) Snowmobile safari to Inari lake. See the biggest lake in Lapland from snowmobile on. Lunch on one of the islands. Duration 6-7 h. Price 299 euros / person.
Reindeer safari. We meet local reindeer herders at the farm. These people are real wilderness survivors. Meet wild reindeers and safari reindeers at the farm. Introduction to reindeer herding as a profession. At the reindeer safari you sit on a sleigh pulled by reindeers, 1 hour. Reindeer driving licenses are delivered as certificates of the visit. Ask whatever you want to know about wilderness life and reindeers!
Husky-dog driving. Today we make a trip to a local husky farm. First we will receive briefing for huskies, driving and training. We have a long 2 hours husky driving safari in the wilderness, you may drive yourself in terms. Husky program is everyone’s favorite. Light lunch is offered during the day. Try also Finnish sauna at your hotel. It is nice after the winter activities.
Today we visit the biggest Lapp village in Finland, Inari, and the Sami museum there. Siida is a central meeting place in Inari, the heart of the Sámi Area in Finland. It is a window on Sámi culture and the diverse nature of Northern Lapland. At Siida, you can acquaint yourself with changing exhibitions on culture, art and nature throughout the year. Siida offers the visitor both exciting experiences that appeal to many senses and expert knowledge. At Siida, the National Museum of the Finnish Sámi and the Nature Centre of Metsähallitus work together. The pleasant restaurant Sarrit serves us the lunch.
Afterwards we go shooting nature pictures in twilight time at river Juutua. With the combination of snow, ice and water you can shoot very special pictures for memories. The guide also makes pictures which can be sent to you afterwards.
Transfer to the airport. Good bye snowy Lapland!
Local transfers, trips, special winter gear, accommodation, breakfasts, light lunches and guiding. Operated: 14th of November – 30th of April, not over Christmas or New Year season. The arrival and departure dates can be adapted to your flights. The airport is Ivalo. Lapland Welcome quality – top rating in TripAdvisor! Option: Spend a night in a glass igloo. You need to book it early.
PRICING (accommodation and all meals included, lunches are light lunches)
In full board accommodation in:
- Hotel Kultahippu Ivalo 1990 euros / adult (in Ivalo village)
- Santa’s Hotel Tunturi starting from 1990 Euros / adult (in Saariselka)
- Holiday Club spa hotel starting from 1990 Euros / adult (in Saariselka)
- ask also other hotels like glass igloos one or several nights
Children under 15 by -50% discount with min 2 adults in the same room
Saariselka – Ivalo
Saariselka – Ivalo
Invoicing, credit cards, voucher (cash)
Adults, young people, couples, families, senior citizens, singles, children over 8
Finnish, German, French, Spanish…
Programs mentioned, accommodation, airport transfers, adventure gear, guidance services, meals or snacks mentioned, organizer’s liability insurance, safari desk support
Travel insurance for adventure sports, positive adventure attitude
Pictures from our tours